To achieve Student Printing service goals and provide a standardized, environmentally sustainable solution, the following requirements will be met:
- A PaperCut CBORD integration will be used in conjunction with Student and Campus Life solutions to provide a Bursar Bill option for charges.
- Standardized deployment of desktop clients and printers.
- A standard fleet of PaperCut-supported printers provided by a single vendor.
- CIT will own and manage the standard package of printers:
- Medium-volume single-function models: black-and-white and color.
- High-volume single-function models: black-and-white and color.
- A multi-function option based on location needs.
- Overall service features and capabilities will support student printing needs across campus.
- Complexity and variation will be kept to a minimum, focusing on out-of-the-box solutions, and using PaperCut software where we currently have custom programming.
Lab/Printing Location Setup
- Lab configurations for Student Printing will be deployed in the same fashion across locations.
- A common client package will provide a consistent set of print queues and have Windows and macOS installation options.
- Lab clients for Windows and macOS workstations will be bound to the cornell.edu domain and require NetID login.
- Clients in all printing locations will be part of Cornell Active Directory.
- Print job submissions will require authentication and secure release.