So that the service can achieve its goal to provide a common solution that is sustainable and environmentally conscientious, the following requirements will be met:
- For charging, PaperCut CBORD integration will be used in conjunction with Student and Campus Life solutions to provide a Bursar Bill option.
- There will be a standardized deployment of desktop clients and printers.
- There will be a standard set of PaperCut-supported printers through a single vendor.
- The standard package of printers, to be owned and managed by CIT, will include:
- Medium-volume single-function models—black-and-white and color.
- High-volume single-function models—black-and-white and color.
- A multi-function option, based on location needs.
- Features and capabilities of the overall service will be chosen that support the largest share of student printing needs across campus.
- Complexity and variation will be kept to a minimum, making use of standard configurations, and Student Printing will use PaperCut options where we currently have custom programming.
Lab/Printing Center Setup
- Lab configurations for student service will be deployed in the same fashion across locations.
- Lab clients for Windows or macOS client workstations will be bound to the cornell.edu domain and require login by NetID.
- All clients in all printing centers and students will be part of Cornell Active Directory.
- A common client package will provide a consistent set of queues to print to and have Windows and macOS client installation options.
- Print job submissions will require authentication and secure release.