The changeover from the current service to the new student printing experience will happen in a phased fashion.
- All current printers, including specialty printers, will continue running on the existing (Net-Print) service until their phased transition date.
- The new system and the database it uses will be separate from the existing system.
- Two clients will be deployed “behind the scenes” to manage the interactions with the separate systems.
- As part of the phased implementation, printers will be deployed in a controlled roll-out (timing TBD). During Phase 1, a plan will be developed for specialty printers.
- The new service model will offer a free quota, bursar and credit card (note: use of your credit card to allocate to a personal account on the new system will be offered once the service is fully operational in all locations)
- Existing printers in locations not yet converted, as well as specialty printers, will run side-by-side with printers using the new service.
Goals of the Implementation Approach
- Limit impact to Students
- Limit support complexities and costs
- Run side by side with existing process and system
The estimated timeline
Important Project Activities
- Project Planning – Start: October 2018 | Completed: March 2019
- Campus Stakeholder Meetings (Pilot Group) – Start: April 2019 | Finish: May 2019
- Design of New System (Prototype) – Start: June 2019 | Finish: August 2019
- Build of New System (Prototype) – Start: June 2019 | Finish: September 2019
- Begin Plan for Training and Implementation – Start: October 2019 | Finish: TBD