Central Web Address:
- Arachnology home page.
Excellent resource. Over 1000 links to various arachnid sites. It includes projects for teachers, as well as extensive information on the arachnid groups, poisonous spiders, & various listservers.
- Levi, H. & L. Levi 1990 . Golden Guide to Spiders & Their Kin. Golden Press, NY.
Very good field guide to spiders. $5
- Mason, Adrienne 1999. The World of the Spider. Sierra Club Book, S.F.
Stunning photos, well informed text, I was her consultant.
- Preston-Mafham, R. & K. 1984. Spiders of the World. Facts on File, NY.
- Preston-Mafham, K. & R. 1996. The Natural History of Spiders. Crowood Press, UK
Beautiful photos, interesting text.
- Foelix, R.F. 1996. Biology of Spiders. 2nd Ed. Oxford University Press, NY.
Most authoritative arachnology text, but dry reading.
- Gertsch, W.J. 1979. American Spiders. 2nd Ed. Van Nostrand Reinhold, NY.
- Marshall, S.D. 1996. Tarantulas and other Arachnids: A complete pet owners guide. Barrons, NY.
Best book on tarantula care. (~$8)