Awesome research video

I’ve been participating in a workshop called Knowledge Matters where we are learning about tools to make our impact more visible, whether its our research impact or the impact of other initiatives we may be passionate about.  Today we discussed vlogs and video in general, and it reminded me of several video projects involving the Specht Lab when we were still at Berkeley.  This included our (awesome) impromptu Mannequin challenge;

videos about our work with the France Berkeley fund produced by Herve Sauquet;

and the features with Joyce and Carrie on ScienceIRL;

Its got me thinking we need to get ourselves an updated video!!  I want to post one that I found particularly inspiring, that of Chris Hernandez, a fellow faculty member here at Cornell and all-around awesome researcher, professor and mentor (and dad, too).  Chris’ research is not only inspirational, but his lab group represents true excellence in innovation and scholarship.  Its exciting to see a group like this, to hear their passion and enthusiasm, and to recognize that they are the future of academia!

Anyone interested in working with me to make something like this for plant evolution @ Cornell??