About Me

water

Dear Reader,

Welcome to my Life on the Hill Blog! My name is Sarah Lam. I’m a Nutritional Science major in Cornell’s College of Human Ecology, Class of 2017. I am currently on both the pre-med and pre-dietetics track (hopefully minoring in sociology as well). I grew up in Vestal, NY, where I spent a majority of my high school life living at Starbucks and studying chemistry. I work at Coldstone back home as well, where I try to convince myself that ice cream has some sort of nutritional value to my body.

I love food blogs, traveling, music, and exploring with friends. On campus, I’m a part of Kappa Delta sorority, Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity, Cornell University Dietetics Association, and Southern Tier Dietetics Association.

I’m hoping to get the full college experience at Cornell, and I’m so excited to document all my thoughts and feelings with the Life on the Hill blogs! Please feel free to comment or send me a message if you have any questions or thoughts. =)

CONTACT:
Email: sl772@cornell.edu
Twitter, Instagram, and Everything Else: slam221

4 Responses to About Me

1. Brooke Reczka says:

Why did you decide to attend Cornell?

2. Nebuchadnezzar says:

Hey Sarah,

I am an incoming freshman, and I REALLY REALLY love your blog. However, I am from India, and as an international student, I am expecting to run into all sorts of hurdles at Cornell.

Could you tell me a little more about what Greek life really is like? My knowledge of it is based almost entirely on TV shows, movies, and books… Also, I’m really not into dressing up, wearing jewelry or make-up, and generally ‘girlie’ things. Will I face problems fitting in because of that? I’m a little scared of being judged about that sort of stuff 😛

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

3. Hannah says:

Hello! I’ve read through your entire blog (albeit, finish to start) in two days. After digging through the official Cornell University website, information about the city of Ithaca, and of course your experiences, I am really interested in the school. I am a junior IB student living in lower Alabama. I noticed that you took a balance of AP/IB courses in high school as well, and so I was wondering how this impacted your academic experience (credits, preparation, time management, etc) so far at Cornell. I have also planned to become a physician since the age of three, and I want to major in biological sciences. I am so impressed by the vastness of the biology department at Cornell! Biology is natural for me and I feel confident that this is what I am supposed to do. However, I received a piece of advice from a Cornell alumni who said that the science department is based on a bell curve and that it’d be really hard to keep up a GPA at Cornell that qualifies for a good medical school. What are your thoughts on this?
    Keep writing!! I love reading about your adventures!
    Best,
    Hannah

4. Carolla says:

Hi Sarah!

I want to apply to the PhD program in Developmental Psychology be Human Development department this year. I graduated 5-year program in psychology in Moscow State University. And after so much time searching through different universities I ended up with decision to apply only to Cornell. This is because only here I found professors who match my interests. Soon I am gonna take GRE and Toefl tests. What do you think my chances are to get into Cornell? Are there any special things to consider while applying to Cornell? Your advice would really help me. Thank you!