008 Breakfree[kay]

Breakfree Workshop Promo 4

As some may know, I joined a hip hop/break group on campus during ClubFest. Although I haven’t had the time (those darn prelims!) to attend a lot of recent sessions, I still love to make a fool out of myself to some good music. I’m in Absolute Zero, but I have a few friends in other hip hop teams like BASE and Breakfree. My friend Andrew convinced me to attend a Breakfree workshop this past Friday evening at Helen Newman gym with him. Breakfree holds these workshops every week and beginners are all welcome. Although it seemed like most of the people in the studio were all really good, it was still fun to attend, and I didn’t feel like anyone was judging my lack of dancing abilities. Each week, a Breakfree member will teach and perform an original choreography and by the end of the hour and a half session, almost everyone in the room does it perfectly. It’s a great atmosphere and it was a really fun thing to do with a group of friends. The people are super supportive and helpful. Now, whenever I have “Watching You” stuck in my head, I can’t help but dance the dance. Katie, the choreographer from last week, was a great teacher and really entertaining. I’ve attached the video (which Andrew made!) of the promo for the workshop to this post. I will most definitely be going to next week’s workshop and hopefully I’ll be able to improve my dancing skills.

This entry was posted in Freshman Year. Bookmark the permalink.