- If you are currently traveling, you can still participate. All you need is a way to track your mileage, then you can move for 2 miles at an airport, while attending a conference, using a hotel fitness center, or if you are lucky, a sandy beach or a mountain trail!
Rolling instead of walking options in Ithaca or from afar
- If walking or running is not an option for you, please move in whatever way is possible for you at this time. Find an accessible trail that offers safety and intensity options for your ability. If you work on Cornell’s central campus and are looking for an accessible option, try Barton Hall. That indoor track is open to the Cornell community and is perfect for wheelchairs. Call (607) 255-7775 for open hours.
Routes for if you are Working From Home
- You know your local, safe routes from home, so use them! Consider using your 2 miles for a walking telephone meeting with a colleague! And, take your pet out too! They’ll like this event just as much as you.
At a Fitness Center
- If you are in a location where the weather is just not cooperating with your 2 mile goal or your preference is for an indoor workout, try heading to a fitness center and using a treadmill to get your mileage in.
- See if your colleagues or your supervisor wants to join you in your 2 mile quest and have your meeting on the go. See these guidelines for helpful tips.
Join a group
- Find some local enthusiasts to move 2 miles with using these resources:
Have a suggestion? Use the comment section below. (NetID Login Required)