Gimme Coffeeeeeeee!

It’s always nice taking a stroll off campus, especially for some coffee. Along with GRFs Sara and Magdala, a group of about 6 of us head off to Ithaca’s well-known Gimme! Coffee, and although the weather was a bit bleak, we warmed up quickly once we arrived. It was my first time trying a cortado, which was a bit too strong for my liking, but at least now I know what to get when I need an extra boost of energy.

Even more delightful than the warm coffee was the conversations we had. It started off with Magdala and Sara sharing a few stories (that had to include something related to coffee) and somehow made its way to Harry Potter and other fictional works and ended with the topic artificial intelligence. Although I have not read the Harry Potter series, it was interesting to hear the discussion and the fervor some people expressed for different interpretations of the book. Hearing them talk so passionately about the book kind of made me want to read the series! Regardless of my lack of familiarity with the fictional works discussed, it was great seeing new faces and hearing different opinions. When you’re so consumed with school work/life, it’s easy to forget how meaningful simple things like getting coffee and having a good conversation can be.