Alternative Facts

The Matrix has been on my “movies to watch” list for a long time. This movie has been hyped up for me for a long time and I must say, I fininshed this movie feeling disappointed. The message of this movie seemed to be “rebel just because you can.” It seemed as the main character, Neo, wanted to live in a world without rules and things just happened because they could. He was so quick to escape the Matrix to be free from the rule of the machines in order to be “free” in the “real” world. However, I did not understand what was so bad about the Matrix. If Neo wanted to choose to live in the “real” world, that is good for him but what is so bad about wanting to stay in the Matrix? In the “real” world Neo would be fighting a pointless fight. Personally, I feel that the machines are just like Neo and his whole gang. They want people to live in the world they deem as acceptable. Neo and his people are trying to convince people that the “real world” is great and that they should break free from their chains in the matrix and become a different type of slave in the “real world.” Sure you’ll know that you are living a lie if you go into the real world but knowing that does not really change the fact that no matter which reality you choose, you can shape it to what you want it to be. I think that the fight between the machines and Neo is pointless because at they end of the day I think that they are just trying to take the power for themselves and convince people that their choice of life is the best. If I had a choice, I would choose the Matrix simply because it has better food.