15 Minutes for 15 Problems

Here is a challenge I took on this week that I would like to share with my readers. Set aside 15 minutes for it. Turn off all the electronics in your room, remove any sources of distractions, and get ready to think in silence. Now, for the next 15 minutes, identify 15 problems in your life.

How quickly did you get to 15? Take a note of the time. Then, try to come up with 15 things you have accomplished in your life of which you are proud. Did it come as easily?

I know it sounds like a cheesy reflection activity. I also know that I spend way too much time advocating for reflection instead of actually accomplishing things in my own life worth reflection. However, it is an interesting activity. From this one, I learned that I have a more keen sense of what is wrong with my life than the various ways I have endeavored to improve my life. It’s something that gives me a lot of anxiety, particularly now at college. Do you ever feel like you’re not doing enough? Do you ever feel like you spend too much time complaining and being unhappy, but can’t seem to translate that self-awareness into a change of behavior?

I do.
And I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who is currently in the same place as I.

Let me know.