UPDATE: Registration for PubCon is now FULL. To get on the wait list for this event, please email Jill Wilson. The wait list will be first come, first served. Thank you!
Attention Grad students!
Would you like to feel more confident when presenting your research in front of people?
Are you unsure how to network and communicate with your professional peers in social settings?
Do you feel confused about details regarding what to wear at a conference or interview?
Do you really know the difference between a salad and dessert fork – or why it even matters?!
Friday, June 28th, 2013
9am-3:30pm PSB 401
Registration limited to 56 people and required. There will be a waiting list available in the event of participant cancellations.
This conference day will feature presentations from experts (professors, librarians and graduate students) from Cornell on topics in and around public speaking, such as:
– Using simple yoga techniques to calm yourself before speaking to audiences of all sizes
– How improvisation and humor can keep you on your feet
– Explaining to others what it is you do as a grad student and researcher –in 90 seconds or less
– Creating visually stimulating and interesting power point presentations
– Dressing for success and presenting your most polished self
An etiquette luncheon will be provided to teach you the ins and outs of networking while dining in professional settings and offers an optional wine tasting!
In the spirit of a professional conference, please note the dress code for this event will be business casual. (No jeans or t-shirts please.)
Interested? Please register by NOON on Friday June 14th. Sign up today – registration is limited and required.
Brought to you by the Engineering, Math and Physical Sciences Libraries in conjunction with other Cornell unit libraries.