Join us for seminars on communicating your science to the general public, how to successfully tackle NSF grants, how to get a manuscript published, and more. Events are free, and REGISTRATION is required.
How do you register?
Simply go to this link! http://pubs.acs.org/page/4librarians/acsoc/cornell.html
Here is a sneak peak at the agenda:
MORNING SESSION: PUBLISHING & RESEARCH
- 9:00-9:30 Opening Remarks
- 9:30-11:00 Basics in Scholarly Publishing: From the Editors Themselves / Copyright and Ethics of Publishing
- 11:00-11:15 BREAK
- 11:15-12:30 Resume Writing 101
- 12:30-1:30 LUNCH / Becoming a SciFinder Ninja: Tips & Tricks to Master Search
AFTERNOON SESSION: CAREERS AND IMPACT OF SCIENCE
- 1:30-2:30 There’s life beyond the lab: Finding the Work/Life Balance
- 2:30- 3:45 What is it you do again? Why effectively communicating your science matters requirements
- 3:45-4:00 BREAK
- 4:00-5:00 Broader Impacts: How to Approach the NSF Grant Proposal
- 5:00-6:00 Networking Reception