Dr. Sarah Pethybridge (Associate Professor and Program Leader, Plant Pathology) is the Principal Investigator of the EVADE program. She joined Cornell University in July 2014.
Her previous positions include:
Extension Plant Pathologist- University of Tasmania, Australia (1999-2009);
- Agricultural Research Manager- Botanical Resources Australia Pty. Ltd. (2009-2012);
- Science Group Leader (Field Crops)- Plant & Food Research NZ (2012- 2014); and
- Assistant Professor (Plant Pathology), Cornell University (2015-19).
She has worked on the diseases of hop, pyrethrum, snap bean, carrot, table beet and potato across Australasia.
- Bachelor of Agriculture Science (First Class Honors), University of Tasmania, Australia (1995)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Plant Pathology), University of Tasmania, Australia (2000)
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Cornell University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Early Achievement Award (2018).
- American Phytopathological Society (APS) Syngenta Award to recognize an APS member for an outstanding contribution to research, teaching or extension in plant pathology, within the first decade of their PhD (2010).
- University of Tasmania Foundation Award for Outstanding Graduates (2004).
- Australian Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology Young Professionals in Agri- Industry National Award (2003).
Selected Professional Services:
- 2019-current: Senior Editor, Plant Disease.
- 2015-current: Editor, Annals of Applied Biology.
- 2013-18: Editor, Annual Review of Phytopathology.
- 2015-18: Section Editor, Tropical Plant Pathology.
- 2015-16: Editor: Scientific Reports.
- 2010-2012: Senior Editor: Plant Disease.
- 2010-2012: Editor: Plant Pathology.
- 2006-2009: Associate Editor: Plant Disease.
- 2005-2010: Senior Editor: APSnet Education Centre; Advanced Topics- Population Genetics/ Epidemiology.
- 2005- 2009: Editor-in-Chief: APS Press for Compendium of Hop Diseases.
Service to Professional Societies (Current):
- 2016-current: American Phytopathological Society (APS) Nominations Committee.
Location: Cornell AgriTech at The New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, 15 Castle Creek Drive, 211 Barton Laboratory, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, Geneva, 14456, New York
Phone: (315)-787-2417 [office]