Keystone Student Bios

I am Kannan anKannand I’m from Garikyoor. I have completed my 10th standard. My father is a social worker and my mother is a housewife. I like exploring nature and taking photos. I can speak Tamil, English and Irula. After completing this course, I think I can help my community and also learn and speak English better.

ShanthiI am Shanthi from Gudalur. I have completed my 10th standard and I’m a tailor. I can speak Tamil, English, Malayalam, Mullakurumba, Bettakurumba and Paniya languages. After completing the 5-month NFLC course, I’d like to share what I’ve learned with the people of my village. My hobbies are drawing, running, skipping, doing woolen work and embroidery.

ManiI am Manikandan from Gudalur. I have completed my PG in Geography. I am interested in working with wildlife and have visited a lot of tiger reserves. After the completion of my PG, I’ve worked at Shola Trust for a month. I would like to get into research after the completion of this course.

BantiMy name is M. Banti and I’m from Chokkanalli. I have completed my 12th standard and my hobby is to read books. I can speak Tamil, English, Kannada, Irula and Badaga languages. Through the NFLC course I’d like to study and learn about different tribal cultures.

ThulasiI am Thulasi and I’m from Chemmanatham village which is an Irula community. I have completed my 12th standard and would like to study UG in the next year. I can speak Tamil, English, Irula and can understand Paniya, Kannada and Malayalam languages. My hobbies are watching movies, listening to songs and doing craftwork. I also help my mother with work around the house. I’m very interested to do this course with you.

Subin

I’m Subin and I’m from Gudalur. I live with my family there. I recently completed my UG in zoology. I can speak English, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada and Mullakurumba languages. I have great interest in wildlife and I also do a little bit of birding and photography.

InduraniI am Indurani and I’m from Baviyur. I have completed my 10th standard and my hobbies are singing, dancing and running. I’m excited to do the NFLC course along with you.