How to Transfer Courses Taken at Another Institution This Summer (or during Winter Break)

You are strongly encouraged to seek pre-approval for any courses taken elsewhere.  Only courses taken at Cornell are included in your g.p.a.

1. Liberal Studies courses are fairly easy to transfer from an accredited institution (including community colleges and online courses).  Courses which reflect similar topics of the College’s designated liberal studies courses (exact equivalent content is not necessary) are typically approved.

Consult for updated approved and denied liberal studies courses:

When you have found a similar topic you would like to take and transfer, for example, a history or economics course, follow these instructions when completing the transfer application form:

Attach a copy of the description of the course you wish to get pre-approved and submit this form to 158 Olin Hall.

2. For a Physics courses,  consult:

3. For Math courses, consult:

4. Any questions concerning transfer courses, see Nanette in 104 Upson Hall.


Mandatory Senior Graduation Preparatory Meeting Monday Sept 9, UP B17 4:30 Promptly!

For all students intending to graduate in January, May or August 2014.  Join Professors Mark Campbell, Director of the Sibley School,  and Wolfgang Sachse, Director of Undergraduate Studies, who will welcome you.   Time:  Monday Sept 9 4:30.  Topics covered: graduate school, presented by Professor Brian Kirby; preparing for the upcoming Career Fair, presented by Mark Savage, Director of Engineering Career Services; and Nanette will review what you need to know to prepare for graduation, including audits, required paperwork, and graduation requirements, including advisor approved electives.   We’ll show last May’s 2013 senior video.  Pizza will follow in Upson Lounge around 5:30.

Testing Tags

Using all the tags and categories!