Are you thinking of applying to graduate school and want to know how/when/why? Want to know what it is like to be a full-time graduate student? Members of the Sibley School Graduate Program (SIGMA) will hold a panel discussion to address everything you wanted to know about grad school on October 9 in Thurston 202, begins at 4:30. Pizza and event sponsored by ASME.
Come to a special MechE Information Session Date/Time/Location of Info Session: Monday, October 28, from 4:30-5:30pm in Phillips 101 (note revised room)
This Info Session will focus on how to design your MechE curriculum. The following faculty and staff will be presenting:
- Opening Remarks: Professor Wolfgang Sachse, Director Undergraduate Studies, Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Professor Hod Lipson http://lipson.mae.cornell.edu/ will talk about the value of research and how to prepare for graduate school. He will be teaching MAE 2250 in the Spring.
- Matt Ulinski, Director of MAE M.Eng., and Judy Thoroughman, administrator of the M.Eng. program, will provide information on MAE Early M.Eng. and M.Eng.
- Mark Savage, Director of Engineering Career Services, will talk about Co-op, resumes, Career Fair, and internships.
- Nanette Peterson, MechE Undergraduate Coordinator, will show students various flow charts illustrating different paths to graduation, including Cornell Abroad, Co-op, Early M.Eng. and Minors.
Date/Time/Location of Info Session: Monday, October 28, from 4:30-5:30pm in Phillips 101