(Subjective) Truths (Sort of) Universally Acknowledged

A Tale of Love and Friendship…and Victorian Literature

Post the Twenty-Seventh: Wherein I Am Done With Finals!!

December17

Hi everyone! How are you today? Guess who turned in her paper on race and female sexuality in Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” today?? MEEEEEEE!!! AND NOW I’M DONE, YO!!!!

Ugh, I’m so tired though…you know the kind of tired that happens when you’ve spent most of your time during the past week looking at a computer screen and typing words? I suppose I should get used to it; I am planning on making a living by writing fantasy novels for teenage girls, after all. And if there’s one thing I know, it’s that teenage girls are super impatient, so if I don’t get the sequel to my princess-overthrows-the-monarchy-and-helps-establish-a-republic-with-her-feminist-and-social-justice-writings(-and-finds-good-friends-and-a-good-man-along-the-way), I will be answerable to a legion of articulate, angry young women. I’ve never actually been on the receiving end of such wrath, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it would not be fun :P

Now that finals are done, I still have to work on my thesis, however. I have to turn in something by this Friday, which is completely doable (and yes, the last part of the sentence was more for me than for you). And then I go home, to my beautiful, glorious home and I will sleep for twelve hours straight without any guilt or regret. And then I will go watch The Hobbit. And try and muster up the energy for an actual blog post, because this one is pretty bad. No, you don’t have to comfort me; this is complete and utter filler.

Hmmm, what can I tell you about my life that I haven’t already divulged:

• Violet is back from London!!! I haven’t had a chance to talk to her yet, but I’m sure we’ll reconnect soon.
  • I discovered that another one of my friends is as tantalized by Richard Armitage in North and South as I am. If you haven’t seen it, hie thee to Netflix, and be prepared for intense feelings. Lots of intense feelings, primarily conveyed through hungry, devouring stares into the female protagonist’s soul.
  • I made pancakes today for breakfast! They were made with coconut flour and a lot of eggs, so they taste less pancake-y and more egg-y, but hey, you still to put syrup on them, right? And that’s all that matters.
  • Speaking of going grain-free: I have been trying to cut out grains and refined sugars from my diet. It’s been super hard, because most of my favorite foods are sweet, carb-filled, or (the ultimate) sweet and carb-filled. But I’ve been getting much better at self-discipline and self-control, and more importantly, I’ve been feeling more energized and cheery. Depending on who you are, this might actually be a pretty sucky deal. So if you’re one of those people that I’ve annoyed with my cuteness, I apologize. But not really, because who doesn’t like cute things? Click on the link. You know you want to. Do it.
  • I started reading an excellent book called The Children’s Book by A.S. Byatt. It’s a neo-Victorian coming-of-age novel, so basically, it’s all my favorite things in one beautiful novel. I will let you know how it is once I finish it.
  • This is a super boring list, isn’t it? Also, if you’re still slogging through finals, I am sorry if my freedom offends you. Believe me, if the situation were reversed, I would find it super offensive too. So to help you all, here is an encouraging video, just for you. Study hard! If not for your GPA, then for Middle Earth.

2 Comments to

“Post the Twenty-Seventh: Wherein I Am Done With Finals!!”

1. December 17th, 2013 at 10:36 PM       Boogie Says:

YOU’RE FINALLY READING THAT BOOK, YAYYYY!

2. December 18th, 2013 at 8:50 AM       Farah Says:

I should be offended but I’m not (just kidding!) :D Thank you for your lovely descriptions of liberation and present adventures, will comment on other posts soon!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: