This is going to be a rather short post, not so much because I have nothing to write about but more because I lack the time to write it in. Overall, this semester has been treating me very well: I’m enjoying all my classes, I get to see my friends pretty often and weekends have been pretty chill.
Next week, however. Next week, it all begins.
You know how you sometimes get too self-satisfied, and Life feels like you need a slight reality check? Yeah, well, the upcoming week is like that. I have a midterm for my Theory and Method class, an Arabic test and a novel to read for my Romanticism class. And this is on top of all my other reading. Lest you think me fainthearted: I read around about 150 pages of Orientalism last weekend. And that was only one out of four readings I had. For one class.
It probably sounds like I’m complaining, and I’m not (or at least, I’m trying not to, ahaha). But it’s times like these that I wish I didn’t need to sleep for eight hours to fully function or go for a run at least every other day to keep myself sane. Those would be the easy things to cut out of my life!
But these are the trials that test one’s soul, gentle reader. And I must keep faith that I will make it through next week alive.
And then I plan to stock up on ice cream, grilled cheese sandwiches and period dramas and not leave my room for the weekend.
Anyways, to conclude: I probably won’t be posting much next week because of school stuff, but I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to reach out to all of you guys! Is there anything in particular that you’re curious about hearing? Any topic that you think I should cover? Leave me suggestions in the comments, and I will see what I can do!
To give you something to look forward to during my Week of Stress and Yuckiness, here are some of my ideas for upcoming installments!
- My friend Violet is in a play this weekend! It’s called A People, and it should be pretty exciting. I’m going to see it tomorrow evening, and will try to post a review sometime over the weekend to tide you over until I can write again. (Because your world totally revolves around me, heehee.)
- Last Thursday, I received confirmation about my summer plans! From May 23 to June 22, I will be taking Creative Writing classes in Rome!!!!! You can read about the program here, if you are interested.
- I am working on creating some new pages for the blog; right now, I’m planning on having a “People in my life” sort of page and “Classes I have taken” sort of page. Those will probably be in the works for the next couple of weeks, and writing them may very well serve as my study breaks next week. Be excited!!
- I am planning on blogging a bit more about my classes. (You know, classes? The thing that I’m actually supposed to be doing while I’m here?) Not the boring stuff, but the exciting stuff, like when I discover the meaning of life, or something like that. We’ll see where this goes.
- There are lots of exciting events coming up on campus! I’m not sure if I want to go to The Vagina Monologues or Ithaca College’s production of one of my favorite operas, but whatever I decide, I will be sure to write about it here!
Again, please take the next week to give me any sort of suggestion of what you’d like to see here! It’s rare that you can get me to shut up, so I highly recommend that you take this opportunity to say your piece before I return.