You’ve come to the right place if:
- You are looking for Lauren Thiersch’s blog (hi Mom & Dad)
- You want to learn about what it’s actually like to be a Cornell student (hi prospective students)
- You want to reminisce about the good ol’ days (hi alums)
- You want to see if I’m worth hiring (hi recruiters)
I’m Lauren Thiersch and I’m a senior at Cornell University.
I’ll be graduating in May 2016 from the School of Hotel Administration (I was accepted off the waitlist). I came to the hotel school really interested in food and beverage, but my “dream job” has been ever-changing, evolving from:
- Cake Decorator
- Chef (reasons here and here)
- Food Scientist
- Food writer (after writing for Spoon University)
- Person who reads books by Michael Pollan (because of this class)
- Park Ranger at American National Parks
- Owner, manager, of a farm-to-table restaurant
- Pro Surfer (after going to Australia for 6 months)
- Professional blogger (after realizing it could be a career)
- Something that combines marketing & sustainability
Here was what I was thinking last semester.
Here’s what I’m thinking in my final semester:
Anyway-there’s a bit about me. Enjoy clicking around my blog!! Feel free to comment if there are topics you’d like me to write about.