Spring Has Sprung!

Its May 5th and its finally beginning to feel like Spring/dare I say Summer?

This past week has been full of sunshine, cloudless skies and warmth! Yesterday alone I played beach volleyball, swam in the nearby lake and played basketball…it was a day spent entirely outside and it was amazing!  I also did some studying with friends:

Friday was the last day of classes, also known as Slope Day.  Generally, most students skip their classes in order to attend a concert on Libe slope.  Usually the Slope Day Committee at Cornell manages to book some big name artists!!!

Some artists in the past have included:

• Snoop Dogg
  • Gym Class Heroes
  • The Pussycat Dolls
  • Drake
  • Nelly
  • Taio Cruz
  • Neon Trees

And this year, we hosted 5 & A Dime, Hoodie Allen, and Kendrick Lamar!  Right outside my dorm, at RPCC (huge dining hall), they were giving out free energy drinks!

Me and my friends got really close to the stage but I couldn’t get any good close up pictures because it was this crowded:

Regardless, it was fun!

Finally, meet me and the peeps I spent the day with!!

3 thoughts on “Spring Has Sprung!

1. Hello, Lauren! My name is Mariana and I’m from Brazil. It’s nice know about the events that happen in your University. Slope Day must have been a good event because your photos are beautiful.
    My University had a similar idea creating blog to show to the world our University life. Come to visit the UFRGS’s (Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul) blog.
    See you, Bye!