Back at it Edition

You can take a girl out of Cali, but you can’t take Cali out of a girl.

I’ve been back in the 607 (Ithaca’s area code!). Second week of classes. It’s cold. It’s been single digit weather. If you read my previous post, I was out and about in warm weather areas over winter break. So I’ve been frequently using my TCAT bus pass to get around campus, because the struggles are real.

10450315_1034332873249915_2105606847811474784_o

It’s as cold as it looks. Now add wind.

I don’t want to focus on the weather; I already did that in a post! It is an important subject matter, seeing as it characterizes the atmosphere of Cornell. However, this is an introductory, optimistic post about this semester. If you are a prospective student, I direct you to this video: it made me apply. Best decision made.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXK4npGxKE

So I’m taking some pretty amazing classes. Cornell has an enormous array of classes (link for the curious) for all those interested in different departments. It’s a huge blessing, and everyone should take advantage.

Granted, I’m at around the maximum of credit hours, but the workload isn’t an issue since I like the things I’m learning about. Ok, won’t leave too much suspense. I’m taking two government courses for my major (Human Rights at War & Comparative Politics of Latin America), Intro to Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Black Radical Tradition in the US, and Experience Latin America. This is the best semester academically for me! I’m particularly interested in seeing how they will all somehow connect to one another. I’m so excited for all of my classes. The professors seem really accessible, passionate, and engaging. Also, my classes are in more diverse locations this semester. I have a class in the ILR school and in the Ag Quad. Which means more diverse locations for lunch, probably!

Oh, before I forget! Looks like I might be doing some very interesting research this summer abroad. More details to come later!

Some questions do remain, though: what organizations will I join this semester or continue? Where will I live next semester? Will I be going abroad for a semester? I’ll report back to y’all.

When is it spring?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.