What Song Describes Your Life?

Recently I met with some of the Membership Candidates who are pledging the sorority I’m in (Sigma Alpha Professional Agriculture Sorority) and one girl asked, “What song describes your life?” Yeah, try answering that one! For someone who really enjoys music and singing even though I’m no longer in a choir, picking one song to describe my life is tough.  In the end I chose “It’s Your Life” by Francesca Battistelli.  This song has special meaning to me since this was the song I chose to walk into when I retired as a New York FFA State Officer; however I also think this song is a great reminder that YOU control your life.  Other people don’t define you and other people’s decisions might affect you but ultimately we are each responsible for our own lives.

It’s really easy to forget that, especially when we don’t get the outcome we want in a class or on a test.  It’s easy to say, “That test was so unfair” or “the professor never went over the material” and while all of that might be true, it’s important to realize that it’s your life and while all of those things might be true, could you have studied more or attended that study session the professor held? That’s why this song describes my life.  It reminds me to stop and reflect before I start blaming or judging myself for my shortcomings and others! So yes, I’m up to my eyeballs in work for the next few weeks because I got behind.  Was it worth it? Absolutely.  I’m a little behind because I took time to go home and surprise my family and friends with a much needed visit.  It was my choice to make and it’s one that I’m very thankful I did!

One thought on “What Song Describes Your Life?”

1. Funny that I got asked the same question in communications class a few years ago. My song then was Space Oddity by David Bowie…. how I dislike that song now. Just goes to show that the song of life is always changing and would make a strange amalgam of styles if one listened to it :)