Scenes and Soliloquies

A Canadian's Adventures in Ithaca

Scenes and Soliloquies

Halloweekend!

November 1, 2009 · 2 Comments · Uncategorized

Okay, I’m not a huge fan of Hallowe’en. I usually try to participate, but it doesn’t really make the short list of my favorite holidays.

The main reason I don’t really like Hallowe’en is that I’m not very good at it. Some people are awesome at Hallowe’en. You’ve seen these people. They start brainstorming ideas for costumes in April, design them over the summer, buy supplies in early September and then spend two months perfecting the costume until the last week of October. I’m not one of those people. I’m not even one of those people who picks a costume a few weeks before Hallowe’en and orders one off the internet.

Nope, I’m one of the people running out to Target or the costume supply store in the mall on the Wednesday before Hallowe’en night… sometimes I’m pulling things out of my closet or gluing paper together two hours before I’m supposed to go out.

This weekend was no exception. I did have a lot of fun though.

Some of the frats on campus put together haunted houses to support their philanthropies. I hadn’t gone to any of them before, but this year I ended up at the Pi Kappa Phi haunted house, with proceeds going to support their national philanthropy Push America.

I walked in with two friends, not really expecting much, and walked out at the end thinking it was awesome! It was actually scary too. The whole set-up was very impressive. I think I’m a haunted house convert, I’ll definitely be going back next year.

The actual Hallowe’en nights (Friday and Saturday) were pretty typical for Halloween. I love seeing all the costume ideas while people are walking between parties in Collegetown. I saw some pretty good ones this year, haha. Favourite was probably, umm, the Moustache Faerie at my friend’s party. He was handing out moustaches all night. Great idea.

Tags:··

• trusts

cornell was one of the best experiences of my life, sounds like you still know how to have fun on campus.

• Twilight Poster

Hi Kaitlyn! I love halloween, and like you I’m always last minute with my costume. This year I was a thrown together vampire in honor of the new moon movie, but it worked and I had some very nice compliments.