Grab your coffee and join in the discussion from home or tractor seat.
Hudson Valley Research Laboratory entomologist, Peter Jentsch, friends and guests invite you to join in timely discussions on Tree Fruit Pest Management from 6-7AM each Monday morning through the season via Zoom. The Zoom meeting site will open at 5:45AM for you to link into the meeting and get your coffee. We’ll start the agenda at 6AM.
Join in or simply listen to what’s ahead for the coming week.
Meeting Password 023911
Meeting ID 328 251 724
Agenda: Welcome. Weather forecast & drought forecast
* Return Bloom Applications: NAA 3oz (HoneyCrisp) 3-4 applications
* Insect management:
…..Managing Aphid Emergence. Low rates of neonicotinoid (Admire Pro) to maintain predation
…..Leafhopper complex, WALR & RLH stipling, Potato LH (thermal migration), 7d to protect terminals
…..Insecticide residual for Codling Moth until end of June
…..Stink Bug: scouting and feeding activity as drought continues
…..European corn borer in newly planted trees (800DD Model reached on 20th June @ HVRL)
…..San Jose Scale emergence: 2nd Insecticide application: residual for SJS until end of June
…..Wooly Apple Aphid increasing (Diazinon or Movento with penetrant (32 oz./100 gal.)
…..Dogwood Borer adult larva present & management if no earlier control made.
…..Black Stem Borer activity (Drying conditions & tree stress): Bleeding sites and toothpick frass
…..Fungicides & penetrants: concerns for tank mixes.
* Diseases (Guests): Fireblight in late rat-tail bloom varieties
…………grower questions and wisdom.
1. Download Zoom on your computer, pad or phone devise you will use for the meeting.
2. Follow the prompts for software setup.
1. Join Zoom Meeting by clicking on or pasting the link into your browser: Join URL:
2. Or open Zoom software, copy and paste the Meeting ID: 328-251-724
Important…The meeting link may change every week as needed. Link on the most updated weekly email blog invitation.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 962 0570 9026
Rules of the Road:
1. Lets cover the basics of the days agenda, then open the floor for conversation.
2. All microphones will me muted as you enter the Zoom meeting. Please keep your mic muted during the meeting until your ready to join the conversation.
When you’re ready, un-mute your microphone and join in.
Hope to see you then