Ah, yes, the Big Red Ambition.  I remember opening the Daily Sun my freshman year to a page long list of 161 things every Cornellian must do before departing the Hill.  With feats as simple as eating pizza at the Nines (#96) to a little more daring (#36. Dress up and view the Rocky Horror Picture Show at Risley), you have four years to check off all 161 things.  As of last week I realized that I had only completed 70.

I completed a double whammy last Friday: #14. Listen to a full chimes concert from the clock tower and guess the songs played. and #161. Climb all 161 steps to the top of McGraw Tower.  My friend Kathy is a Chimesmaster and invited a couple of friends to scale the 161 steps on a beautiful afternoon.  If you heard the 6 PM bells, that was yours truly tag-teaming with 3 other friends.  Kathy dazzled a full crowd with her agile chiming technique, playing Malaguena, Les Miserables, and Kokomo.  The view from the top is truly spectacular, although my acrophobic self did get a little queasy walking around the top.  Some pics: