oh no she didn’t

the hotelie life

Which is Worse: Moaning On Stage or Crying On Stage?

March2

The Vagina Monologues were a RIDICULOUS success. Our Friday show sold out entirely and we had to awkwardly turn people away from the door; our Saturday show in Statler (a venue that seats 715ish people) was pretty much filled to capacity– which is MAJOR, considering we were competing with the Harvard hockey game and some sort of basketball game that seemed to be fairly important.

The exact amount of money we raised hasn’t come in yet, but I can tell you that everything worked out perfectly production-wise: I have received nothing but glowing reviews from audience members– the actresses were absolutely incredible. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to work with such mazing, amazing women.

Last year, I was an actress in the 2007 VM production and felt all kinds of awkward when I had to moan (uh, sexually) on stage . . . but that was NOTHING compared to this year. In front of 700 people when I was making my directors’ speech and saying thank you’s after a standing ovation, I cried. I CRIED. Who cries? Who even does that? It was the combination of how amazingly well the show went, the standing ovation, my friends’ faces in the audience, the enormous weight lifted off my shoulders, and seeing my mom (who came all the way from Texas for the occasion) in the crowd. I was a hot mess– but not as much of a hot mess as my flower-allergic roommate is going to be when she gets home and spends some time hanging out with the 7 bouqets of flowers in the apartment. :)

Here, I don’t want to talk about this anymore. Here are some photos.

VMcoochie.jpg
Performing “The Little Coochi Snorcher That Could” (Yes, that’s Life on the Hill’s very own Nikki 2nd from the left!)

vmmom.jpg
My Mom and I with a stuffed vaggie after the show.

by posted under Spring '08 | 3 Comments »    
3 Comments to

“Which is Worse: Moaning On Stage or Crying On Stage?”

1. March 2nd, 2008 at 6:07 pm       Art's Mom Says:

Congratulations on a job well-done, Jenna. You should be proud of yourself. Crying is ok – it’s actually good for your body to release tension and it shows you have HEART!

Now, back to finance and the real world….

2. March 2nd, 2008 at 10:01 pm       your mom Says:

Hey, I thought that thing was a decorative pillow?!?! Yes, Jenna dear, that was a very important B’ball game…………and what a great WIN!! Go Big Red!

3. March 3rd, 2008 at 9:53 am       Lisa Says:

Congrats on a job very well done!