I am interested in research questions related to Industrial Organization and Applied Econometrics. Much of my work focuses on assessing the extent of price competition and collusion in retail markets, especially in gasoline and banking sectors. Part of my research is funded by the National Science Foundation (SES-1024840 and SES-1530788), and the Gates Foundation.
- Search frictions and market power in negotiated price markets, (with Jason Allen and Rob Clark). NBER working paper 19883. Forthcoming, Journal of Political Economy. Latest version: July 2017.
- Price controls and market structure: Evidence from gasoline retail markets, (with Juan Esteban Carranza and Rob Clark), 2015, Journal of Industrial Economics.
- An industry dynamic model with price controls (with Juan Esteban Carranza and Rob Clark), Online appendix to “Price controls and market structure”.
- Price dispersion in mortgage markets, (with Jason Allen and Rob Clark), Journal of Industrial Economics, 2014.
- The effect of explicit communication on pricing: Evidence from the collapse of a gasoline cartel, (with Rob Clark), Journal of Industrial Economics, 2014.
- The effect of mergers in search markets: Evidence from the Canadian mortgage industry, (with Jason Allen and Rob Clark), American Economic Review. 2013. Online appendix
- Collusion with Asymmetric Retailers: Evidence from a Gasoline Price-Fixing Case (with Rob Clark), American Economic Journal:Microeconomics, 2013.
- Spatial differentiation and vertical mergers in retail markets for gasoline, American Economic Review, 2012. Online appendix.
- A Multi-Level Investigation of Information Technology Outsourcing, (with Benoit Aubert, Michel Patry and Suzanne Rivard), Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 2012.
- Gasoline markets, The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Steven N. Durlauf and Lawrence E. Blume, Eds. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Characteristics of IT Outsourcing Contracts, (with Benoit Aubert, Michel Patry and Suzanne Rivard), Proceedings of the 36th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2003.