Are you looking for applied research experience in organic agriculture? Passionate about small farms? Interested in strategies to improve soil health? This is your opportunity to gain hands-on production and research experience. Help manage vegetable crops from planting to harvest, learn plant and soil sampling methods, organize data, and summarize results. You must be enrolled as an undergraduate student for fall 2016 to apply!
Position Date: Summer 2016 (end of May – mid August)
Location: Cornell University, Ithaca campus and the HCT Vegetable Research Farm in Freeville. Daily transportation to the research farm will be provided.
Hours and Pay Rate: 39 hrs/week at $10-12/hr based on experience
- Enthusiasm for and desire to learn about agricultural research and farming
- Ability to conduct physical work in a field setting
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Previous farm experience preferred but not required
For more information or to apply, contact Ryan Maher, email@example.com. Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 references.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, February 12th, 2016.