From Grant Thompson, MS/PhD Student, Graduate Field of Horticulture
The Plant Sciences Chili Cook-Off will be held in the 2nd floor lobby of the Plant Science Building (in front of room 233) on Friday, March 1st from 3:30 to 6 p.m. The Departments of Crop and Soil Science, Horticulture, Plant Biology, Plant Breeding, and Plant Pathology should assemble their best chili chefs in three categories:
- Wild-Card (contains at least one non-traditional chili ingredient)
Graduate students, Faculty, and Staff are all welcome to participate! To enter the contest, email chili entries to:
- Crop and Soil Science – Ann Bybee-Finley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Horticulture – Grant Thompson, email@example.com
- Plant Biology – Adrian Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Breeding – Anna Levina, avL6@cornell.edu
- Plant Pathology – Zack Fredericks, email@example.com
Please include the following info:
- names of cooks
- name of chili
Registration deadline is Friday, February 22. We only have room for 25 chili entrants – so don’t delay registering! There will be prizes for the winners of each chili category.
The Cook-Off will also feature a fund raising raffle with great prizes donated by each of the Plant Science Depts. and local businesses!
Beverages will be served by Cheers with Your Peers.