Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2012
12:45 pm – 5:00 pm
Jordan Hall, 630 W. North St.
NYS Agricultural Experiment Station, Geneva, NY
Invited Workshop Speakers 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.:
- Tim Volk (SUNY-ESF) – Willow cultivation & economics
- John Posselius (Case New Holland) – Willow harvesting
- Dan Aneshansley (Cornell) – Willow wood chip drying
- Dennis Rak (Double A Willow) – Project planning/financing
- John Pumilio (Colgate University) – Green campus heating
- Dave Maciejewski (East Lycoming SD) – School boiler case study
3:00 p.m.: Willow harvester demo – Loomis Farm, behind Jordan Hall
4:00 p.m.: Tour of willow wood chip boiler – FRU, 1097 County Rd. 4
For more information and registration (free, but required by Dec. 11), go to http://willow.cals.cornell.edu/news.html
Group rate lodging at Ramada Geneva Lakefront (315) 789-0400 – reserve by Nov. 16 and ask for “Regional Wood Energy Conference.”
Also, the annual Meeting of the NEERA1005 Sustainable Wood Energy Multistate Research, Extension, and Education Project will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2012, 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Featuring reports by Northeast project participants.