Upcoming Fall 2020 Events! COVID 19 Livestock Related Information
Thank you to everyone who participated in our winter 2020 events! If you would like a workshop repeated in your region, contact your local CCE office to check the possibility for small workshops or virtual presentations.
The American Dairy Goat Association’s National Convention has been canceled for 2020. The NYS Dairy Goat Breeders Association plans to submit their bid again for 2022. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that we are able to hold it in Syracuse in October 2022! Click here to view last year’s program with over 75 activities.
BUCK COLLECTION by Capra Gia Genetics – Nov 4, 2020 Jordan, NY (close to the Thruway and Weedsport, NY) . Do you need your bucks collected for artificial insemination? There is still some space for this collection date, please contact Brandon Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-858-0421 ASAP!
The mission of the Goat Program in the Department of Animal Science at Cornell University is to improve the sustainability of goat farms in the Northeastern United States by providing educational resources and communication outlets to producers.
- Handouts and Presentations from the 2019 Small Ruminant Management & Fiber Conference sponsored by Cashmere Goat Association and Cornell Goat & Sheep Program – NEW!!
- Kidding with Confidence – a kidding season mentoring resource designed for meat goat farmers but also helpful for sheep and dairy goats
- Photographic Sequence of Kidding 1 – Photos by Nancy Weber, edited by tatiana Stanton & Katie Roberts
- Photographic Sequence of Lambing 2 – Part 1 and Part 2 – Prepared by David Kennard
- Low Input Lambing & Kidding: Managing Lambing and Kidding Efficiently Without Sacrificing Animal Well Being