- Reference Reading Room opens Monday
- Construction begins in Current Periodical Room and 1st floor southwest staff areas
Archive for the 'Services' Category
The project will soon be entering the last construction phase for the first floor. Phase 9 construction (west end of 110, 111 and 101 offices, Periodical Room) will begin the week of February 7. In preparation, periodicals from the 101 Current Periodical Room were moved to the Willis Room in Uris Library on February 26. The following is the schedule for upcoming service and staff moves as well as events between January 31 and February 7.
- Monday, January 31 — Fire alarm test (approx. 8 – 8:30 am). All new alarms will sound, including those just installed on the first floor. There will be a warning in advance that it is a test. Do not evacuate the building.
- Monday, January 31 — Asbestos Abatement update, 703 Olin, 10:30-11:30 am
- Thursday, February 3 — Most staff currently in 2nd floor Olin surge space return to former 110/101E locations
- Friday, February 4 — Staff in 111 and 101 offices move to 2nd floor surge space
- Monday, February 7 — Staff in 110 Olin West temporarily move to 218 Olin and 107 Olin
- Monday, February 7 — Reference Reading Room, Printing, and 104/105 Reference service areas reopen
Specific locations for relocated staff will be available at the Olin Circulation and Reference desks.
The following is planned for the week of January 24:
- Wednesday, January 26 — Reference Desk across from the public computing area reopens
- Wednesday, January 26 – Current periodicals will be temporarily relocated to the Willis Room (directional signs will be posted) in preparation for upcoming construction in 101 offices
“Off hours” work has been scheduled in preparation for the first floor construction phases that will begin at the end of exams. Starting at 2 a.m. on Tuesday, December 7, workers will construct a temporary entrance and ramp on the north side of the building in the reference reading room just to the east of the Café. This temporary entrance will be necessary in order to close the front entrance on December 17 to accommodate construction in that location of the building. Workers will also put up one of the first floor construction barriers at this time. Impacted reference collections have already been moved to the south wall proximate to the compact shelving in the basement.
The Copy Center in the Olin Library basement will be temporarily closed: approximately from Tuesday 7/20/2010 through Friday 8/16/2010.
Patrons can still request copying and thesis services by the online link at http://bigredprint.cornell.edu/. Services will also be available at the Print Shop at 695 Dryden Rd (255-2524, email@example.com) or Center Sage located in B26 Sage Hall (254-3502, firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions regarding Copy Center services during the closure, you may reach Cornell Digital Print Services at Digital@cornell.edu or 255-2524. If you need to contact the Copy Center directly please email email@example.com.