The project will take advantage of the Spring Break window when our libraries experience less use by students and faculty to do some necessary out of phase and somewhat disruptive construction in public areas.
- During the week of March 21, workers will remove the drinking fountain between the two restrooms in the basement and put in a new installation. The current plan should not impede the circulation path in the hallway.
- Starting Friday, March 18 through Friday, March 25 workers will install a new sprinkler feed and smoke heads in the Olin/Kroch corridor. Work will take place in the middle of the corridor. We have been assured of five foot circulation pathways for the public and staff on both sides of the corridor. Entrances to staff areas will not be blocked. We have also been assured of barriers to separate the pathways from the construction area. However, this work will be very noticeable.
- During the week of March 21, workers will disconnect the existing sprinkler feed from Kroch to Olin in the Olin/Kroch corridor. This work will be done early in the morning before opening.
- During the week of March 21, workers will remove the temporary entrance on the north side of the building.
- During the week of March 21, workers will be doing miscellaneous duct related work in the basement on the compact shelving end.