Are you participating in the Engineering Co-Op Program this year? If so, the following information may be useful to you as you re-apply for financial aid.
• Engineering Co-op program students seeking financial aid should completed the Continuing Student Financial Aid process by March 1, 2011 if they expect to register for summer enrollment.
• For students with a fall or spring placement, summer is considered a part of your academic year and is included as part of your initial financial aid package.
• Your Summer Savings Expectation may increase for the next academic year based on higher earnings from your placement. Your contribution is not calculated dollar-for-dollar, so many Co-op students do not see an increase the following year. Excess earnings replace work and loan in your package. In the event that grant is reduced due to significantly higher earnings, please reference our Outside Award Grant Aid Reimbursement form (available in April).
• If you are enrolling in Engineering Co-op classes during the summer, but are NOT a program student, you may be eligible for summer loans. Please proceed with the Summer Financial Aid Application (available in April).
• For additional program information, please contact the Engineering Cooperative and Career Services Office.