Popular Coffee and Conversation event brings together alumni and students

On Saturday morning during the Fall 2019 New York State Veterinary Conference, the lobby of the Animal Health Diagnostic Center was filled with students and alumni eager to connect, share stories and network. This year, over 45 students and 20 alumni participated.

“I enjoy participating in the alumni/student networking event because it helps me reconnect with the college in a more personal way,” says Mara Digrazia ’92, D.V.M. ’96. “Before it begins, even with over 20 years of experience, I wonder what I could possibly offer them. Within seconds, I always find myself surrounded by eager, inquisitive students interested in things that I had lost interest in. In a flash, the event is over and I leave feeling rejuvenated by the spirit and drive of the Cornell vet[erinary] student. I greatly appreciate this opportunity and I can see the students love it, too!”

All photos by Darcy Rose.

Three students at the latest Coffee and Conversation event smile at the camera Students and alumni gathered for the latest Coffee and Conversation event An alum and a current student together during the latest Coffee and Conversation event Several alumni and students talking during the latest Coffee and Conversations event Students and alumni smile at the camera during the latest Coffee and Conversations event An alum discusses with students during the latest coffee and conversation event