Saturday, May 7th, 2011...1:48 am

Brian Lo.

Jump to Comments

On a day when I would usually have nothing but good news to write about, it’s with an extremely heavy heart that I’m writing about the death of one of my fellow senior Hotelies, Brian Lo.  Brian died early Friday morning at a house fire on 107 Cook Street in CTown, a 2-minute walk from my apartment on Dryden (news story and university statement).  I have known Brian since freshman year, and I am incredibly overwhelmed and saddened by the terrible news that we all received today.

R.I.P. Brian Lo.  You will be missed.

R.I.P. Brian Lo. You will be missed.

Aside from all of the positive comments and anecdotes that you will no doubt hear about him through everyone that knew him, I would like to offer my deepest condolences to the Lo family:  I cannot imagine the suffering that you’re going through right now, and the only solace I can truly offer is knowing how many Cornellians have such bright and fond memories of Brian.

With a senior perspective leaving this beautiful place in a few weeks, I think we all need to realize how fragile we really are and how important it is to live in the moment.  Each day is a new day, and we should be grateful for every single one of them.

Brian — R.I.P., bud.  You were a great person and an awesome friend.  You’ll always be with us.