Monday, February 21st, 2011...12:06 am

Admitted!

Jump to Comments

Sorry that it’s been a bit since my last post, but the last couple weeks have been a whirlwind.  With PhD interviews, frat stuff, and oh yeah, classes, I’ve barely had a chance to bathe, let alone think about anything else.   In the last 2 weeks, I’ve flown back and forth to UC San Diego, University of Michigan, and I’ve had 2 phone interviews with other PhD programs.  Crazy times all the time it seems now.

Nevertheless, good news is *finally* rolling in!  I found out that I was admitted to the UC San Diego Psychology PhD this week, which is a fantastic program, so I’m very excited.

I will hopefully hear back from the University of Michigan Social Psychology PhD program this week on what my status is, so that wait will definitely be outright mental torture.  But I’m just glad I’m getting news back from places I applied (waitlisted at a couple of other places; other updates to come, I hope).

The insane thing about this semester so far — and this is probably not good to say — is how little attention I’ve been paying to my courses.  Like … none.  Notta.  Zilch.  Since I just finished interviews, I’ve just realized how behind I am, and I’m definitely in *holy crap, I’m screwed* mode.  Senioritis is the best medicine, though.  Takes the edge off for sure :D.