It’s Apple Fest Time

It’s that time again. Fall is upon us. So, out come the boots and scarves. And in Ithaca, Fall means Apple Fest. I wrote a post about the Ithaca Apple Fest last year. So, I thought I would write another about my favorite parts of apple fest.

1. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

Amish Strawberry Rhubarb pie to be more precise. I am a big fan of pie and these are delicious and priced really well. On top of pie they also have flavored angel food cakes and apple dumplings at the pie stand.

2. Kettle Corn 

Here’s a picture of me eating some….There are several stands with delicious kettle corn, so my suggestion is walk around the fest a bit before you commit. Some are priced better than others, and some are freshly popped. For $10 I got this huge bag.

3. Apples, of course

There are lots of apple stands and you can pick your own apples and put them in a “peck”,  “1/2 peck”, or “1/4 peck.” Still not completely sure what a peck is, but you can pick different apple varieties in your pecks. My favorite apples are Honey Crisp apples, and you can get some at a pretty good price.

4. Candy Apples

I really had to resist buying candy apples. They looked incredibly delicious. I probably would have gotten one if I hadn’t already bought some popcorn and pie.

Overall, my haul from the apple fest was pretty good. Mostly sweets but I’ll share them! 😉

One disclaimer is I didn’t try the apple cider donuts, because the line for those was a little too long for me, but they definitely seemed to be one of the most popular things at the apple fest. So, maybe next year.