Ithaca’s best spots in the summer…

For those of you that are new to the Cornell campus, you have a few more weeks (hopefully) of warmish weather before it starts getting cold. So, you should cherish these next few days and try to fit in all the summer activities you can! 

My favorite summer spots in Ithaca are: 

Purity Ice Cream

This place has absolutely delicious ice cream, at least so I hear.  I am lactose intolerant, so I don’t eat dairy products. Why is it one of my favorites then? Well, they have super yummy soy ice cream! My boyfriend will often get one of their famous 44 oz monster milkshakes! 

Campus Walks

Chris Crate Photography

Enjoy the beautiful old architecture and people watching, while walking around campus. When it starts to get bitterly cold, sure the snow will be pretty, but you wont want to stay outside for too long and you won’t be able to enjoy the detail of all the buildings. Take some time to stroll through campus! 

Cornell Drawbridge

Chris Crate Photography

Getting to the drawbridge when it is chilly can be a bit treacherous, so go now while the weather is still nice. Look at the beautiful gorges and take in the warm weather while you can!  

Downtown 

Chris Crate Photography

Ithaca’s downtown was recently redone and has lots of great shops and restaurants to enjoy. Spend sometime in the summer walking around, maybe eating at one of the restaurants and sitting on the patio. 

The Lake 

Chris Crate Photography

One of the prime features of Ithaca is Cayuga Lake. Going to the lake and sitting in one of the swinging benches, enjoying the sunset is something every Cornell student must do. I do have to say that going to the Lake in the winter is a treat of its own, walking on the frozen water, looking out across all the frosty landscape.

Enjoy the rest of your Cornell summer! Let me know if you have any questions!