How to Stay Healthy and Happy…

It’s still January (just barely) and New Years Resolutions are still in effect! Which means the gyms on campus are packed as ever!

Messages Image(1484609888)

It gets hard to go to the gym when its snowy and you have to wear three or four layers just to get there, but during the summer it is a different story!

At Cornell, there are three gyms, Noyes (on East Campus), Helen Newman (North campus), Teagle (more central to campus, across from Schoellkopf Field). The gyms all have a range of workout classes that you can take, if you get a Fitness Class Membership.

FullSizeRender

I love all the gym classes offered at Cornell. You can really change up your workouts, by going to Yoga, Spinning, Zumba, Kickboxing, or Body Blast Cardio.

In the summer, there are plenty of places you can run or walk around campus and there definitely are people who do this in the winter too, but it shocks me everytime! Maybe I just haven’t been in Ithaca long enough yet! 

Messages Image(70031754)

The Cornell Plantations are one of my favorite places to go in the summer! The land is all owned by Cornell and maintained to perfection. There are tons of different types of trees and a little botanical garden.

Here’s a video of my PI talking about how much she loves the plantations too: 

So, I would definitely suggest a Cornell Fitness Center membership when you get here, if you want to stay healthy and happy and also for you to check out the Cornell Plantations! 

TIP: As a graduate student if you are enrolled in SHIP (Student Health Insurance), you may be be eligible to get the gym membership fees waived if you attend the gym 50 times in both the Fall and Spring semesters. There is more information about the gym reimbursement program here.

2 thoughts on “How to Stay Healthy and Happy…