A New York Christmas and New Years!

I’m wishing you all a wonderful 2015!

IMG_0028.JPG

This year I spent Christmas and New Years in Brooklyn with my boyfriend and his family. NYC in the winter is not nearly as frosty as Ithaca in the winter. (This is a picture from our drive to the city!) So, I was able to wander through Manhattan. Here is the outline of one of my days in the city:

I started by taking the train from Brooklyn into Manhattan to go to the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. The memorials themselves are huge water structures outside you can go to anytime, but you need tickets to go into the museum. The museum had a lot of interesting artifacts that were found at the site and solemn spoken accounts told by witnesses of 9/11. After going through the museum, it was lunchtime.

If you ask anyone who knows me what my number one, favorite thing in NYC is, they would say Chinatown. I love Chinatown! The food there is amazing and so cheap!  So, whenever I am visiting I like to stop by there and have lunch. This plate of bakery treats was less than four dollars all together. I got a taro puff, tuna roll, japenese cheesecake, and pork roll.. to share of course 😉

IMG_1558                              IMG_6221

Our next stop was 5th avenue. Yes, we walked from Chinatown up to the shopping district of Fifth Avenue. The window displays on Fifth avenue are always so amazing! Lord & Taylor’s had moving pieces and music and a line of people waiting to see its magnificence!

IMG_9763                IMG_1784

We passed Build-a-Bear and… I wanted a bear!  I actually ended up getting a reindeer, though. I got Clarice from the claymation movie Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! It was fun and after all if you are going to get a Build-a-Bear why not get one at the giant store on Fifth Avenue, right?

The day ended with watching the Saks Fifth Avenue short holiday display where they project a movie onto their store building every ten minutes or so for passerbys to watch, and of course the tree! Rockefeller Center was super packed, as you can tell from the picture, but the tree was as amazing as always. A very successful day, and my fitbit was happy with my 7 mile trek too. 😛 

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and great start to the new year!!

One thought on “A New York Christmas and New Years!