Back in Action for my Last Semester of College!

Well, the time has come. After 7 semesters of Cornell academics, I can’t believe it, but…I’m back to college after my final winter break, and my last semester as an undergraduate has started!

My schedule this term is definitely manageable, compared to semesters past in Ithaca. With 15-16  credits plus my normal AEM teaching assistant position, I shouldn’t be too overwhelmed. It’s always tough, because there are so many courses that I wanted to take to get as much as I can out of these last few months…but ultimately, the freedom Notification Center-2to attend lectures/events/social gatherings without having to worry about nighttime prelims or problem sets means a lot to me this last semester, especially living in a more mature, off-campus location.

What do I have to look forward to in the next few months? (Consider this a preview of possible blog posts to come.)

• Introduction to Wines and Vines! Yep, I’ll be tasting and evaluating wines for academic credit. Though we’ve only had 2 classes so far, it’s been a blast and very educational. I’ll try to talk about this soon. While I’m not in the traditional “Hotelie” one, this one is definitely a unique, positive experience as well.
  • Living in Collegetown. It’s definitely been a unique experience thus far, and coming from a semester in Washington D.C. and a summer in Manhattan, I’d say it’s been quite a difference too.
  • Dealing with this final cold burst. I know I should be a veteran to the cold afterNotification Center 3 Ithaca winters already, but wow….it is freezing. Just taking this picture this morning on my phone (at right), my hands practically froze up.
  • More Senior-y reflections. Gear yourself up for more of these–but I’ll try to keep them entertaining.
  • Exploring and taking advantage of all the new stuff on campus. Since coming back from my semester in D.C., I’ve realized that so much has changed over the course of a few months! The new Dairy Bar has opened, as has the Cornell Store’s cafe, Gates Hall, and my personal favorite…the new home of the Dyson School in Warren Hall.
  • Events. I’m already excited for what’s to come. Saturday Night Live’s Kate McKinnon will be here, as will the founder of Reddit, and Senator Scott Brown…and I’m sure many more events will take place that haven’t been announced yet. I’m going to try to get to as many of these things as I can.

So…yeah! These are a few of the things I have to look forward to in the coming months. Let me know if you want to hear more about anything in particular.