Beginning the Final Push

Whoa, the time’s going by fast! I can’t believe it’s already mid-April. The weather’s getting warmer and the sky is getting bluer…and the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer. (It’s hard to blame anyone but me for my workload, though, as I willingly signed up for 20 credits.)

Here are some updates from my life:

• I’ve officially signed on for a summer internship in Manhattan–something I’m really excited about. I’ll be able to finally experience the city lifestyle, as I’ll be living in the city, taking the subway to work…and talking┬áloudly into my Bluetooth headset as I walk briskly through midtown (isn’t that mandatory for every young urban professional?). In all seriousness, though, it’ll be interesting because the next few months I’ll be city hopping–NYC in May, and then Washington D.C. in the fall as I participate in the Cornell in Washington program. Coming from someone that spent his entire life in suburban Connecticut and rural upstate New York, I have to say that I’m excited for this transition!
  • I’m really trying to avoid the slump that many students feel this time of year, as they’re overworked and ready for the summer to come. It’s hard, though, because in many of my classes–e.g. business law and finance–it’s just the final that remains. In other classes, though, the work is still piling on; I have to do an industry analysis project for Strategic Pricing, grade plenty of assignments for business management, and knock off a few extra problem sets. These are all very time consuming!
  • As easy as it is to get swamped with work, I’m trying to remember the fact that it’s second semester of my junior year–and I should be having fun too. So, I’ve been enjoying myself in a few ways–going to a friend’s comedy show, enjoying my over-21 privileges at Ithaca’s…er…booming bar scene, etc. Also, being the pseudo-intellectual that I am, I’ve been attending talks from academics and big-name figures that I find interesting. (I heard MSNBC commentator S.E. Cupp speak the other day on media bias–it was very thought-provoking.)

Well, that’s about it for now. I’m off to go finish some work…