The Busiest Week of My Undergraduate Career

Here’s a brief warning: If I know you, talk with you, Facebook chat you, or see you around campus regularly…chances are, that won’t happen next week. Why? Because, after over 2.5 years at Cornell, I think it’s safe to say that next week will be the most stressful week of my undergraduate career. (And, it’s my excuse for the fact that I’m writing this post at 10:30pm on a Saturday night). Anyways, here’s why:

• I have a pricing exam Tuesday morning at 8:40am. I understand the material, but it’s still worth 30% of my grade and something that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
  • I have a finance exam (!!!) Tuesday night. Here’s the doozie: people spend hours upon hours frantically studying this stuff weeks in advance…because the amount of information we need to know is intense, and this course is largely regarded as the most difficult in the AEM major. I’m honestly terrified for it.
  • I have a business law exam Wednesday night, which counts for a large portion of my grade in that class, as well. I’m always uneasy when classes are solely based on tests! I love me a little participation/homework/effort components every now and then.
  • I have two problem sets due Thursday and Friday; they’re both quite lengthy and I know in one case, I can’t hand it in late as the answers are released shortly after the deadline. Sometime in between cramming for my 3 exams, I’ll have to work on these.
  • I have a lot of grading to do for my teaching assistant position, and it’s only fair that I devote enough time to this so that students are being evaluated fairly.
  • I also want to attend the university-wide career fair this week, work on internship application stuff, and the like. This might, unfortunately, have to be put on the backburner.

So…yeah. That’s my week in a nutshell. If only my 21st birthday was earlier than March 8…this definitely seems like the kind of week that people unwind at the bar after!

2 thoughts on “The Busiest Week of My Undergraduate Career

1. Pingback: The Weirdness of Getting Final Semester Grades | Candid at Cornell