Spring Break Adventures

As I’m writing this, it’s 4:45 PM on a Sunday and I am exhausted. I just got back to Ithaca–I left my home in Connecticut at 7:30 in the morning, and made it back around 3 in the afternoon via bus. I had a great week off, though!

It’s always interesting to hear about people’s spring break plans, particularly at Cornell. A lot of students, particularly those whose homes are far away- have a tough choice. Do you travel home, and have a low-key week reuniting with family that you haven’t seen since January? Or, do you travel to exotic destinations with other Cornellians? I chose the latter this break, and really enjoyed myself. 

Believe it or not, these tropical getaways are very common among upper-level students. In an icebreaker session before class began, one professor I had asked the class where everyone was headed. A lot of people mentioned warm places like Punta Cana or that they were going cruising.

Anyways; 2 close friends and I spent the week on the sun-drenched beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Calling it a “break” is a little deceiving, as our days were jam-packed; we did jet skiing and SCUBA diving, played games on the beach, and explored the area in-depth.

Is it going to be a little difficult getting back into the swing of things, particularly when I have 2 upcoming exams and multiple papers to complete? Yes. But I also know that this time will fly by. I can’t believe that the summer’s almost here, and I’m almost halfway through my Cornell undergraduate experience…

2 thoughts on “Spring Break Adventures

1. Pat

I enjoy reading about your Cornell adventures. Besides allowing me to wax nostalgic about days long ago, my niece (who I dropped off at one of those busses in Ludlow yesterday 🙂 does not talk much about her Cornellian experience!

2. Samantha

This looks like a great time! Glad you opted for the exotic trip rather than the bland trip back home. College is about new experiences and nothing says that like a trip to Cancun! Plus, look at that view!