Freshman year? Check.

If you’ve seen me lately, you might notice that I’m looking a little older, wiser, gray haired and wrinkly. I might casually stroke my (nonexistant) beard while contemplating philosophical problems, or stare out the window on a rainy day as I ponder the implications of my decisions.

Why do I seem so aged, weathered, and mature?

Because, as of May 14th at 11 am, I HAVE FINISHED FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE AND AM OFFICIALLY A CORNELL SOPHOMORE!!

You read it right, folks–your humble blogger will no longer be the newbie on campus anymore. As I mentioned earlier, I had four finals in a row starting Wednesday and ending Saturday morning; my parents came up Friday night, took me out to a nice steakboat-yard-grill-1 dinner at the Boatyard, and proceeded to pack my room up as I took my French final Saturday morning (thanks, mom and dad).

It’s such a bizarre feeling sitting home and relaxing right now. About a week ago, my stress was at its peak and I was making day-long hikes to Uris and Olin libraries–now, I’m in a completely different state of mind. This whole ‘end of year’ thing is bittersweet–saying goodbye to the people I’ve met this year was as sad as seeing friends from back home was happy (if that makes sense). What was weird, though, was packing up my room:

P1060793

Let's see...what can we learn about me from this picture? I'm a big Bruce Springsteen fan, love clean water (hence the purifier under the box), and enjoy my room smelling like Febreze. Guilty on all 3 counts.

Things will be picking up for me, though–I start work and a summer class soon, so I guess I should enjoy my precious time lounging around the house.

Stay tuned next year for my exciting adventures  as a sophomore. Will West Campus be as exciting as North? How will I like my sophomore classes in comparison to the ones I took as a freshman? Is walking up Libe Slope every day going to be a huge hassle? Will I stop using rhetorical questions to conclude posts?

Lastly, before I sign off for the summer, I just want to congratulate Life on the Hill bloggers Cullen, Patricia, Kaitlyn, Evan and Adrienne on their Cornell graduations! Their blogs have not only been a ton of fun to read over the years, but they’ve also been a great inspiration for me.

Have a great summer, and as always, feel free to get in touch!

4 thoughts on “Freshman year? Check.

1. Mike S.

Congrats on a great first year of blogging, David! I think you’ll eventually stop using rhetorical questions… or will you?

2. Hannah

Congratulations David – you made it through year one! I hope you have a lovely summer, and be sure to enjoy every moment you can of your second year, because I swear each one of them flies by more quickly than the last. Senior year may or may not have even happened; I think it might have just been something I saw in a movie one time.

3. best diet pills

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing problem with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting similar rss downside? Anyone who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx