My amazing feat

Ladies and gentlemen, I have some very important news to share with you. It’s absolutely mind blowing, and I’m sure you will appreciate the significance of this event.

I, David, have officially completed MY FIRST LOAD OF LAUNDRY…EVER!

Wow, that feels good to say–I feel like an entirely changed person.

mail (2048×1536)

Proof of this spectacular accomplishment

Nah, maybe I shouldn’t go that far. But in all seriousness, I am pretty proud of the accomplishment. I know, I know…some of you might think of me as having been a spoiled child because I’ve never touched detergent before in my life, but college is the time to grow, mature, and finally learn these things…right?

I’m still not 100% sure about the whole laundry process (if you’re separating colored and white clothes, where do you put gray t-shirts?), but hey, it’s a sign–I’m becoming more and more independent! Soon enough in my college career, maybe I’ll start putting on and tying my own shoes.

Just kidding, about that last one.

2 thoughts on “My amazing feat

1. Hannah

Congratulations!!! That was me 4 years ago too, so I understand your well-deserved feeling of accomplishment.

My advice: one warm load, one cold load. Every two weeks. Colors vs. whites don’t matter as much as my mom always made it sound. Just read the tags for warm or cold wash.

And, if your whites turn gray, then buy some bleach and bleach just the white things once in a while.

2. LCN

Greys go with the colors. 🙂

I do three kinds of loads: colors, whites, and darks. You can wash colors and darks together in cold water, but I would avoid washing whites with either.