Cornell University hosts the New York Kappa chapter of Omicron Delta Epsilon, The International Honor Society in Economics, and was chartered in 1961. We are economics majors interested in creating a close-knit community within the department and supporting the academic success of our members.
OΔE inducts new members each year, from among members of the junior and senior classes with majors in Economics. Membership is limited to those students meeting requirements with respect to both overall GPA and GPA in the Economics major.
Benefits of OΔE membership include:
- Connections with Faculty – Have lunch with an Econ professor and hear about their research and get advice on your journey in economics
- Community of Economics Majors – Talk about concepts or current events you learned about in class, get advice from upperclassmen, and make important contacts for the future.
- Social and Academic Events – Attend events with other OΔEers on campus to meet leaders of the field, support one another’s student organization events, and experience other facets of your major.
- Leadership Opportunities – Become one of our junior or senior executive board members to gain event planning, communication, and management experience.
- Academic Success – Learn about useful resources on campus and be recognized during our Spring Ropes Ceremony and Graduation.