This message is for staff who use a mobile device to access the Cornell email and calendar data.
CIT plans to send out information regarding changes you may need to make to your mobile device settings in order to connect to the Exchange calendar service. In the meantime here are some things we know:
- Current details from CIT on how mobile devices are affected by the calendar switch are available here: http://www.cit.cornell.edu/services/guides/facstaff_email/switch/mobile/index.cfm
- If you currently have your device connecting directly to the Cornell Exchange server you should not have to make any changes to start receiving calendar data.
- CIT is planning to have clinics to help staff configure their mobile devices to work with Exchange.
- BlackBerry owners who would like to connect to the Exchange calendar service will need to request a BES account. (BB owners who have been using the Notifylink service will automatically be provisioned a BES account.) Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a BES account.
The Notifylink service will be retired June 4, 2010 as part of the Exchange calendar migration scheduled to begin that day. This is the service many staff have been using to sync their mail and calendar accounts to their mobile devices (iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile). If you are using Notifylink, you will need to make changes to your device. You will need to:
- Delete the Notifylink account on your mobile device.
- Create a new Exchange account connection.
The type of mobile device you own will determine the procedure you need to follow to make the change. Directions on how to set up an Exchange account on your mobile device can be found at CIT’s website:
Please be sure to read the Exchange updates from CIT in their entirety. They contain a lot of good information that will help you in the transition to the new service. If you need additional information or have questions, please contact Desktop Services.