SAVMA is the professional organization for veterinary students throughout the United States and several veterinary schools beyond U. S. borders. There are many programs available to assist you as you continue to make your way through the veterinary school curriculum.
Among the benefits of being a SAVMA member are:
- Scholarships and travel grants!
- Access to Professional Liability Insurance through the AVMA Professional Liability Insurance Trust- professional liability coverage for externships and preceptorship for just $10!
- Access to Disability and Life Insurance products through the AVMA Group Health Life Insurance Trust.
- The Vet Gazette–an online magazine for veterinary professional students featuring case studies, articles on life as a veterinary students and much, much more!
- AVMA and SAVMA websites– provide information about leadership opportunities, international experiences, externship locators, AVMA career center and much more! Check it out at www.avma.org
- SAVMA Symposium– this continuing education event draws in excess of 1000 veterinary students each year from around the country and includes lectures, wet labs and nightly social events!
- AVMA Convention– tons of networking opportunitieswith veterinarians and AVMA leadership!
- Graduation benefits– FREE automatic conversion to AVMA membership upon graduation at no additional cost for the remainder of your first year as a new veterinarian following four years as a SAVMA member in good standing throughout veterinary school.
- And many, many more chapter benefits at each veterinary school!